The Centre values volunteers in partnership with our local community. As such, the Centre welcomes clients, employees, former employees and community members as volunteers. Volunteers play an important role in supporting the mandate of the Centre by helping to run fundraising events.
Opportunities for volunteers include:
- Special event support
The Director, Fundraising and Development has overall responsibility for employees and community members wishing to volunteer with the Centre.
Volunteer Criteria and Conditions:
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age;
- Volunteers may not be supervised by a relative;
- The handling of money is restricted to Griffin Centre employees;
- Volunteers do not transport clients in their own vehicles;
- Volunteers are overseen by a Griffin Centre employee or management at all times;
- Volunteers do not have access to confidential information.
The Director, Fundraising and Development recruits volunteers in a manner that welcomes a range of individuals with diverse backgrounds, ages, skills, interests and abilities.
If you are interested in volunteering, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate: "Volunteer" in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest and support!